Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Art Squared Challenge... China Girl


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This month's art challenge for Art Squared was 'Song Title'.
After giving the whole thing much thought, I decided on David Bowie's 'China Girl'.
(She is 8x8 on 140lb. Arches coldpressed paper, and is done in Watercolor and Archival Ink.)
I wanted her to resemble an old world Geisha... but to have a contemporary feel as well, rendering her a bit 'anime'... her eyes having a dreamy ethereal look, a look of longing.
Maybe she is longing for a different life, or perhaps she is longing for the return of her Master. Either way, I really love the look on her face...
And if one is to look closely enough, you will see that one eye is blue, and the other brown...
just like Bowie's

2 Comments:

Blogger Frank said...

I just wanted to say how much I like your blog. Great water color!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. You are so clever it just kills me!

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home