Thursday, September 28, 2006

Time moves forward through our artistic endeavors
Well, it is family weekend at University of Tampa ...
Can it be more than a month that she has been gone already?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


This page is from my art journal... created recently when I was going through the anxiety of my daughter 'leaving home' for college.
It amazed me how channeling all of that energy into an art page did put things in perspective for me. It tells a story that upon reflection made me realize that this is just the progression of things... life moves on. I think the piece is self explanatory, but bears a bit of sharing anyway :)
That is her safely nestled in her 'home' where all of her roots are. As you follow her roots you return to her early years in the nest. I love the little heart tendrils sprouting so helter skelter from where she sits... She was two when this picture was taken. It is so hard to believe it has been almost 16 years since then... And of course as with life, you come full circle to where she is now. I decided to use an image of her hand as she balances her workload, never losing sight of her end goal, which is to be a US Senator one day... (you go Jess!!)
She is so smart, and beautiful, and so very young. And even though I will never totally let her go... processing all of the mixed emotions I was experiencing through an act of creativity, truly did help me to visualize her taking flight... and then, with the heart of a mother, to gently release her... and just watch her soar.

Just think... only 4 years until my son takes the leap from his nest...

Onwards and upwards...

2 Comments:

Blogger bumblebees11 said...

WOW!! you're really good

11:01 AM  
Blogger diablospal said...

That is so cute!!! You're an awesome artist!!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home