Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Illustration Friday... 'Quiet'
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is my latest offering ... it is for Illustration Friday and
the piece is titled "She dwells in a blanket of quiet".
When I decided to paint this piece my intent was for her eyes to convey
a watery depth that would be interpreted as stillness and quiet.
I love the fact that her age is elusive... is she a young teenaged girl,
or is she a woman who has already endured too much hardship in her life?
And why so quiet? Is she just dwelling in silence as a learned defense mechanism,
or is it possible that she was simply born mute.
Whatever her circumstance... she has chosen to blanket herself in 'quiet'.
She is safe here in this stillness, much like a baby in a womb.
Perhaps one day she will find her voice, or could it be that her silence
resonates more loudly than any words ever could...
This piece is done in watercolor and pastel and measures 8x8
Which seems to be the size I favor at the moment.
It is an original painting on 140 lb. Arches watercolor paper.
After the painting was complete I scanned it into Printshop and added
a 'plastic wrap' filter to give the piece a truer feeling of blanketing.
I hope you like it as much as I do.
Your comments are always welcome, and thank you for visiting.
Until next time... Joan

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Lana said...

This is such a powerful piece..The figure
really draws you in - I really like it.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very pretty

1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has a religious feel. She has a spiritual glow surrounding her...

beautiful

12:16 PM  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

she seems sad? xx

4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home