Monday, October 09, 2006

Cotton candy strands of summer...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Seeing I'm 'stuck' on my latest art challenge, I thought I'd stop and share a little something else.
This is the time of year when I miss New England terribly. The season as it changes from summer and prepares for winter is what I miss most every single year.
You see, down here in balmy Florida we have no Autumn, sigh. And it always leaves me just the teensiest bit melancholy. I would give almost anything to just be raking crimson colored piles of leaves in anticipation of swan diving into a glorious mountain of them and then gleefully having to begin all over again... this simplest of pleasures my 3 year old and my 14 year old sons have never experienced, and that saddens me.
I say all this only because this evening is the first 'cool' evening we will be having since maybe March. I just stepped outside to let the dog out for the last time today and was startled, and then filled with anticipation of the coming cold... tonight will be the first one in many months where we can open a window and not have to worry about the central air kicking on as we slumber. This photograph is one I captured recently while floating in the pool at twilight with my littlest one. These cotton candy strands of summer are rare here... and I just couldn't let the moment pass by where it would barely be a memory come morning. All of you who are bundled up in sweaters and winter socks... you are in the midst of a miraculous time of year where Mother Nature is revelling in her flamboyance and you are the lucky few who hold tickets to her sold out show... please write and let me know how incredible her performance is going, I'm certain she deserves every standing ovation.
Longing for a ticket to the show.... Joan

1 Comments:

Blogger pERiWinKle said...

love love love this...and all your words! they are brilliant! xx

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home