Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Illustration Friday... 'Trouble'

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My offering this week is entitled "21st Century Vampire"
This challenge was tough for me... I spent 3 days waiting for inspiration... and nothing came. So I started skimming through magazines and fell upon this beautiful image of a young man. He was startlingly handsome, and had an almost angelic quality to him, which to me just screamed 'trouble'. You know the old saying "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is..."
I was certain women would look upon him and 'get it'... could see that longing for anyone this beautiful could definitely spell trouble... but I thought there needed to be just a little more 'something' to convey the theme. So... seeing it IS October, I thought it fitting to add a bit of a creepy element that would not detract from his beauty. Of course, the optimum addition was the slight visibility of a fang protruding from his lip. Sigh, what young woman isn't swept off her feet by the romanticism of a '21st Century Vampire'??
Here's a thumbnail in case you'd like to see a larger image...
Until next time... Joan

7 Comments:

Blogger A Sepia Colored Photo said...

wow!! thats soooooo good!! i really like the hair! (^_^) great job on this illustration!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice piece~ His blue eyes can speak!

11:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's beautiful, indeed, especially the eyes.... *swoon* I'd let him bite me! ;)

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my! You hit the nail on the head with this 1!!! He is very yummy.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so Adam with a lip ring....
that darn subconscious of yours...

12:01 AM  
Blogger winnsangels said...

Absolute knockout trouble!

4:19 PM  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

absolutely trouble! love the background! xx

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home