Saturday, October 14, 2006

Artwords challenge #23
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This painting was done specifically for this weeks 'artwords' challenge.
It is titled "When you look at me..."
When you look at me, do you see what I see?...
Do you look beyond my chestnut skin... go much deeper, look within
To see a woman who's thoughts run deep, and who's heart runs deeper still
A woman of strength and kindness and love...
A woman with an iron will
A woman so proud of who she is and all that she has done
Or do you look at me and see much more, and then feel the need to run...
When you look at me, just look at me
and see all that I am ... woman, sister, a kindred soul
Someone you may call 'friend'.
This piece is 8"x8" on Arches watercolor paper.
It was done in watercolor, pastel and archival ink.
And here's a thumbnail if you'd like a closer look.
Thanks for stopping by to view my art... I hope you enjoy it enough to visit often.

5 Comments:

Blogger Frank said...

Joan,

I'm just amazed with the quality of your art and impressed with the spped in which you create them. Keep up the good work!

5:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely! your watercolors have an amazing quality to them.

3:24 PM  
Blogger winnsangels said...

This piece is wonderful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. She is so beautiful. Sometimes I wonder if there is anything more beautiful than brown skin...

:)

11:45 PM  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

'friend'...I see of these words in you'.xx

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home