Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Illustration Friday... 'Wind'
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This piece is titled "She turned her back on the winds of change"
Hmmm... I'm a firm believer that there are times in our lives when a little denial is a good thing indeed. I will probably edit this post in the next day or so. I will have to gaze upon her unaware for awhile to see what secrets she may be willing to share. Every picture really does tell a story now doesn't it.
Okay, not quite certain of her dimensions... 7x7 would be my guess.
Painted (yes painted, not a digitally altered photo) on 140 lb. Arches watercolor paper done in a combination of Winsor Newton Watercolor Paints and Neocolor II Watersoluble oil pastels.
I will be forever grateful to Teesha Moore for sharing her art journal techniques on her site, she uses Neocolor II pastels. I decided I had to try them and now I'm HOOKED.
Incredible to say the least... you use them like crayons and then go over them with a wet paintbrush... glorious stuff!
Today may we all be brave enough to face our own winds of change.
Until next time...

6 Comments:

Blogger Poseidion said...

wow this is amazing! I love it

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your work sometimes breaks my heart... I look forward to each new piece you post...

7:39 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

i really love this. great color and composition. the only thing i would sugest to make her look a little more feminine would be to move her neck back a little bit. but great job. and i like the take on the subject

2:29 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Beautiful, love the shadows.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow, this is stunning. beautiful coloring and just everything ...

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love 'turning on the winds of change'...lovely to know where you were and what you were doing...and where are now...and where you are going! xx

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home