Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Illustration Friday... 'ghost'

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

So this is my offering for this week's IF challenge. I call this piece "Haunted by Memories".
I was hesitant to post this as I could not for the life of me get the colors right when I scanned the image... It were almost as if the painting would have preferred anonymity.... hmmmm.
I saw a black and white photograph of this girl a couple of months ago and honestly felt as if she were beckoning me somehow. I found myself going back and looking at her often, I was so perplexed by her face. I couldn't gauge her age, or even the era she was in... all I knew was I was transfixed by how hauntingly beautiful she was. Her gaze is so deep and penetrating, and she looks as if she has lived a hundred lifetimes.
I decided to paint her in shades of purple and blue, but it is hard to decipher the colors here... I apologize for that.
She is 8x10 painted in watercolor and Neo colorII watersoluble pastels on 140lb. Arches cold pressed paper. I hope you find her as hauntingly beautiful as I did.
Until next time...

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very good illo, really ghostly...like all the blue hues...

4:29 AM  
Blogger sr. calavera said...

nice colors!

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very, Very, Very nice. I like it. You picked the right colors, and I think you hit the nail on the head. Good Job!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Jeannetto said...

great lips!

1:46 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

It's just beautiful!

2:11 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

gorgeous! i love the mouth.

7:32 PM  
Blogger Stacia said...

The monochromatic color palette really adds to the mood of this image...the details in her eyes are so expressive.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Alexiev said...

Beatifull colours... good work...

Best regards...

Saludos desde Buenos Aires...

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning. You are such a talented portrait artist...

I am thrilled everytime you post a new piece... thrilled that you decided to share your talent.

9:06 PM  
Blogger ELLA ELVIANA said...

this is watercolor? i thought it was a photo! wow!

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is beautiful...you are truly speakinng through your paintings!? Can't wait to get to know you better...xx

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home